How good are sweet potatoes!
They really are a superfood and a staple in any Paleo kitchen. They are high in Vitamin C, calcium, folate, potassium and beta-carotene. They are low GI and most of all depending on how you cook them they are delicious!
I got home last night and was going to make some sweet potato mash when inspiration stuck me… A large batch of Sweet Potato Fritters, super easy to make and totally delicious!
These Sweet Potato Fritters are a great side to any dinner, when fried the outside becomes caramelised and crunchy, the insides stay fluffy and light. Very moreish.They are also perfect for a quick breakfast, just fry or poach and egg and serve it on top of the fritters. Make a big batch and freeze the leftovers.
I used the trusty thermo cooker to mix all the ingredients, if you don’t have one don’t fret a food processor or a grater, bowl and a bit of elbow grease will give you the same result!
- 2 Sweet Potatoes shredded
- 4 Eggs
- ¾ cup Almond Flour/Meal
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Coconut Oil for frying
- Peel and shred the sweet potatoes
- Add all ingredients except for the oil into your thermo jug / food processor / bowl and mix until combined.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan over a medium/ high heat
- Make palm sized patties with the sweet potato mixture
- Fry the patties for approximately 3 minutes each side, they should be crispy and caramelised nicely.
- Leftovers can be frozen.