No a huge blurb or running commentary with this post, just a really simple and delicious recipe for Paleo Tzatziki Sauce !
Tzatziki is traditionally a Greek cucumber and yoghurt sauce/dip, here we have subbed out the yoghurt with coconut milk and trust me you wont notice the difference!
This Paleo Tzatziki Sauce /Dip is so fresh, light and tasty. Make a big batch and serve as a dip with crackers or veggies or as a sauce with grilled meats such as lamb or chicken. It will store perfectly in the fridge for up to a week.
Apologies for the photo, it was taken well after we polished most of the sauce off!
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (or cream if you like it super thick)
- ¾ cup peeled & finely chopped cucumber
- 2 tbsp fresh finely chopped dill
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2½ tbsp lemon juice
- Salt (add some, then taste)
- Black pepper (add some, then taste)
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix until combined, dont forget to taste as you are mixing and add a little more of anything if you think it needs it!
- Cover and put in the fridge.
- Eat and always serve the sauce/dip cold.