I just realised that I didn’t have any sweet recipes up on the blog. Oh No!
It’s probably because I’m don’t have a huge sweet tooth, preferring the salty stuff, but seriously this Easy Peasy Paleo Choc Chip Banana Bread is, as the name suggests, just so damn easy that we always have it on hand.
Usually by the end of the week we have a few bananas that look a little too ripe, so we use them up in a batch of this bread. If it is not going to get eaten in a couple of days then it is brilliant to slice up and freeze in individual portions. So easy to just grab out of the freezer for a work snack!
I was inspired to put this one up because last week I amazingly found Coconut Oil in a spray can, which was used to grease the loaf tin…. (amazing because grocery shopping with the kids sends me into a comatose mechanical state, “no put that back”, “yes you can put that one in the trolly”, “yes we are almost done”, “stop hitting your sister”, “what’s that in your mouth?” and on and on)
The love hearts give it a little Valentines flair, don’t you think?…
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas
- 230 gm / 0.5 lbs almond meal or almond flour
- 3 eggs
- 0.5 cup choc chips (use more or less or none at all if you like)
- 40 gm / 1.4 oz coconut oil
- 40 gm / 1.4 oz honey
- 1.5 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Crank up the oven to 180 degrees, spray or grease or line a loaf pan.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl or food processor or Thermomix bowl and mix for 20 seconds or until the mixture is all combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for around 30 minutes. As usual check for doneness with a knife or skewer.
- Allow to cool. Serve or slice up and freeze for a quick snack at work or school.